Have you forgotten your computer’s password? If yes, you don’t have to worry on it. The only thing is that you should have to have a bootable CD. This method is very easy but it will take some time. so you have to be patient.
- First of all, make your computer’s first boot device as CD-ROM. Insert bootable Windows XP’s CD. Keep on eye to computer. You will see “Press any key to boot from CD” and press any key.
- When you get to the Welcome to Setup screen, press ENTER to Setup Windows now.
- The Licensing Agreement comes next – Press F8 to accept it.
- The next screen is the Setup screen which gives you the option to do a Repair.
Press R to begin repair process.
- Setup will now check your disks and then start copying files which can take several minutes. After Copying Files, you will see a progress bar stating “Your computer will reboot in 15 seconds”
- Don’t boot from CD-ROM this time or don’t press any key while displaying the message Press any key to boot from CD.
- Keep your eye on the screen. When you will see Installing Devices progress bar, press SHIFT + F10. command console will now open.
- Type NUSRMGR.CPL and press Enter, you will see User Accounts of your control panel.
- Now Select the account for which you want to change the passwords.